Tuesday, October 28, 2014

We are so rich!

Since I last posted, I celebrated a birthday! I've spent time with friends and family. I've had time to knit and I've finished a sweater! I've had time to sew and I've finished three quilt tops! One of these days I'll take photos.

Ray and I took a day trip to Fulton. Illinois. It was a little cool near the mighty Mississippi but we still enjoyed a picnic on a  gorgeous fall day.

Then we walked through Heritage Canyon - "a 12-acre wooded structure nature walk dotted with buildings that take the visitor back to the 1800's." It's a very pretty area and we enjoyed our time there. This church was so cute - doesn't it look like a little toy? It would be perfect for a small, intimate wedding or just some quiet reflection time.

We've taken a few walks and Ray's had a few bicycle rides. We've enjoyed some wonderful weather. The flowers are beginning to die but we are still taking the time to stop and smell them.

There's a proverb that says "If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money cannot buy.

We are very rich and very blessed!




3 comments:

  1. Amen!! I'm looking forward to seeing your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surely sounds like you had a wonderful day trip! We have had some really lovely days here during the last week. This is the first Halloween in ages that the kids didn't have to get their outfits over their snow suits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life sounds like the one everyone wants! I love that you do picnics and so many things together with Ray. Can I be you when I grow up?
    Enjoy all those special little moments in life - those are the great memories we all look back on and smile.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...