Sunday, October 12, 2014

This journey is beginning to end

We left Ohio this morning in sunshine. It was cool but a beautiful fall day. We eventually found cloudy skies and a little rain. The rain eventually stopped but the cool weather forced another in-car picnic. 

When we got to Champaign, IL, we stopped at a yarn shop, Klose Knit. The lady was very friendly and helpful. We bought yarn for a sweater for Ray He decided today that he'd like me to make him one! and yarn for a sweater for me. I think I have plenty to keep me busy for a while!

We are now at the hotel. The rain began again as we were moving in. That's not a problem as there is nowhere we need to go. Dinner is here and Ray's meeting is here tomorrow. During Ray's meeting, I'll be doing catchup things - paying bills, checking credit card purchases, dealing with emails... It will make Tuesday morning at home much nicer! If I get everything done, I'll knit or read.

Tomorrow night we'll be home and this journey will end. It's been wonderful - we are both delighted to be back on the road!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get some time to read or knit (or both!) before you head back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love sunny days when it's cool! My hubby and I have a lot of in-car picnic. We are trying to decide when and where to take our first trip in the motorhome we bought. We're waiting until after the closing on our rental home. We want to make sure that all over & done with before taking off. We're really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...