When I got the Cricut Maker, I wanted to cut fabric so I found a free pattern on Riley Blake Designs website. I used the Cricut to cut the black bands with the serpentine, the crayon points, and the sides of the points. It worked well! Well, there was a bit of a learning curve. I pulled solids from my stash and made 28 crayons. This quilt used 16 and the other 12 will show up in another quilt one of these days.
This is a donation quilt and I hope the recipient just smiles whenever he/she uses it.
The back is orange and yellow with a green crayon.
I thought the binding went with the crayon colors.
A while back when I was getting ready to go on retreat, I was trying to find a couple of extra projects to take along. I came across two pieces of 'jungle' fabric that went together and decided to add some red and make a quilt. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I found that project bag and decided to finally make this simple little quilt. Quilt Jungle is 45" by 49".
Of course I used Dream Cotton batting and Aurifil thread.
I machine quilted this with a walking foot in a cross hatch design. I think you can see it better on the back.
|Oops! I just finished exercising and my white sweat socks are showing.|
On my to-do list is the next crayon quilt and also another sailboat quilt using the leftover boats. The list is really much longer which is good - I have lots of choices!