Thursday, February 28, 2013

2013 NewFO Challenge - February Update

I wrote about the 2013 NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches here. I will begin at least one new project each month this year but I don't need to finish anything! You can see what everyone else is doing here.

My February starts:
1) A batik quilt is on my original list. I began a Lonestar quilt in a class at Lucky 2B Quilting this month and finished piecing it at our February retreat. It is about 24" square. It is close to being finished - it'll be done in March or perhaps a couple of hours before then!

2) Donation quilts are also on my original list. I started a QOV quilt. I saw the block on a Fons and Porter TV show. Then I tried to draw a picture of it and decide on measurements so I'm not sure how close it is to the original block. Who knows, maybe it is nowhere close!
A new QOV quilt started
Progress on earlier 2013 projects:
1) I am machine appliqueing my Spring Bouquet quilt, designed by Edyta Sitar. Four blocks done! And still a long ways to go!

2) I am doing the 5th Anniversary BOM Quilt at Lucky2BQuilting. Here is the February block:

3) The flannel snowman quilt now has borders. Although you can't really tell in this photo. It just needs to be sandwiched and quilted.

14 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I love, love the batik lone star and the colors are just what I need to add to my stash. Wonderful! Your QOV quilt will be just perfect. Tee Hee, I had some of those same pale blue and brown fabrics. One more is sandwiched in the closet ready to quilt for Project Linus and then I'll treat myself to some of those blues and lime greens and lavender batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I had a bunch of things in progress! Yikes, looks like you have something in every stage so you can pick whatever you are feeling like working on. Such a smart lady you are. Love your QOV - I really need more RWB in my stash for some of them. That batik quilt is beautiful. Those spring flowers are so pretty... I was drooling over them in your last post as they were just hanging on the wall. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love the colors you've used in your star. Likewise your spring bouquets are beautiful. That QOV is going to be very striking. Thanks for linking up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in your batik star. I love batiks but I've never used them because I fear that the hand quilting would be too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects. Love the block you are using for the QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I really love the QOV project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful projects. The snowman quilt looks so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lot of lovely progress! I REALLY like your QOV quilt, and the star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The QOV is much neater than I remember it on TV. I think that is why I'm not sure the block is the same! ~Jeanne

      Delete
  9. Amazing! You are so productive! All of your items are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you have been a very busy lady! I can't decide if I like the QOV blocks or the batik top better. What the heck, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the colors of that Lone Star, and the Quilts of Valor blocks look great (I really should be sewing on one of mine today, since it's our QoV sew-in day, but, we have a snow day, and I'm doing other stuff instead). Keep up the pretty work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your spring Bouquet blocks so pretty! You are keeping busy in your new sewing space!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...