Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quilts ready for donation

I have finished the Bright Quilt - we both love it! I talked about making it here. It is so tempting to keep it but we won't! The whole quilt is made from my stash - even the binding.




The back includes one leftover pinwheel. The quilt is machine stippled by me! This quilt is 38" by 46".



For the Thomas Quilt, I used all of my leftover Thomas the Train engine fabric along with some blue, green, and red flannel. I just put things together and 'made the pieces fit'. I  machine quilted the this one using a walking foot. This quilt is 39" by 50".


The back is a red brushed cotton. I recently bought 10 yards of it on sale so I had some backing fabric!


The other three quilts to be donated this week have been done for a while. They are all I Spy quilts and can be seen here.

So one day this week, I'll head out with this pile of quilts


and drop them off at a local agency where they'll each go to an abused child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...