All three quilts will be donated. The first finish is a baby quilt.
This was just a pattern I was interested in a while back. I started this quilt and packed it away. Recently I found it and decided to finish it! The yellow around the edge is a flange.
The back is the fabric left from the front. The binding is the striped fabric.
I free motion quilted the entire quilt in loop-the-loop. I am getting better at that design!
Finish number two is also a baby quilt.
This quilt is just alternating squares of two fabrics. The blue is just different enough that I couldn't find anything to match. So I put the quilt away until a couple of weeks ago when I realized that red would look okay! The borders are the same size - I'm just not a great photographer!
I machine quilted this with a walking foot and a wavy line. The red for the border is a beautiful soft brushed cotton.
The back is the same brushed cotton as the border on the front. The darker blue binding is from my stash.
Finish number three is a larger quilt - about 50" by 60". This is a sideways view.
Again I used fabrics from my stash - most of these have been used in other quilts. The pattern is quite easy. Each block is made of 3 squares. Two of the squares are cut on the diagonal to make the four corners for the block.
You can see the stripe in the binding (I like striped bindings!).The backing and the border on the front are a red swirly cotton. I had about 4 yards in my stash!
This quilt was done as a "quilt as you go". I quilted each block and border separately. I left one inch of backing fabric around each piece. Then I joined the backs with an inch seam. After trimming that to 3/4", I folded each side in half and stitched it down on the front of the quilt.