Thursday, July 21, 2022

The Lattice Quilt is finished

The Lattice Quilt is finished! I saw something like this once and always wanted to try it. The one I saw had a variety of solid colors with the white lattice. It might have had a facing instead of a binding; I'm not sure. I used a floral fabric so it's like looking at a flower garden through a lattice fence. 

I made this on the diagonal. A few years ago I made two Harry Potter quilts with diagonal pieces. I pieced the quilt, then cut it apart on the diagonal and added a long fabric piece and sewed it back together. After doing this for every diagonal piece one direction,  I repeated for the diagonals in the opposite direction. I had really good precision with that method. Making this on the diagonal had less precision but it's a smaller quilt so all worked fine.

I removed the last colored square on each corner so the corners are kind of neat. 

This 52" square donation quilt is the first quilt I have quilted with a pantograph. I used Flower Power and practiced quite a bit. To use a pantograph, you trace the design with a laser light that is connected to the longarm. The longarm moves and stitches as you trace. It sounds so easy. Ha ha! 

It turned out pretty good! I used Glide 40-wt #17443 Bone thread. Here are pictures of the front and back before the quilt was washed.


And after being laundered:


The back is a soft yellow Grunge with some of the leftover floral fabric.

There's been lots of activity in the sewing studio lately. My stamina is improving and I can work for 1 - 2 hours at a time. I'm slowly learning to cut without much bending and to sew without much bending. When  I bend, I hurt so I have to learn alternatives and I'm progressing.

Here is a finish that needs to be quilted.

My newest obsession is Tiny Houses. I'm enjoying digging through my scraps.

There will be more finishes soon!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely finish and I love how you did the corners. So glad you are feeling better. Houses are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lattice quilt, so very pretty! I might try this quilt sometime, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your quilt finish! Glad to hear that you are listening to your body, Jeanne, and heeding its warnings. Love, love, LOVE those tiny houses!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...