Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Scrap basket inspired quilt

This finish was inspired by a need to clean out one of my scrap baskets. I decided to use the free pattern, The Courtyard Quilt by Cloud 9 Fabrics. I made all the blocks before I laid out the  quilt and then I realized it was going to be too busy so I substituted red for every other block. 

That means there is another quilt coming using the leftover blocks. When I pulled pieces from my scraps, I was looking for prints suitable for boys (I don't think I make enough boy quilts). Looking at the quilt, I think it's appropriate for a boy or a girl but I named the quilt Boy Quilt With Red early on so I'll stick with that.

After adding a border, this donation quilt finished at 52" by 57". The back is Radiance 108 by Color Principle for Henry Glass & Co. The back is hard to photograph


unless I do a closeup!

I free-motion quilted this with a meandering stitch using Glide 40-wt #70001 Cardinal thread.


In the meantime, my secondary design wall has gained a few more tiny houses...


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on another lovely quilt from the scrap basket, Jeanne!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...