Monday, July 25, 2022

Bucket Hats

A few weeks ago, it seemed everyone was making bucket hats. I decided to try one. I measured my head and used the Glory Allan's The Mirage Bucket Hat pattern, medium size. (The pattern was free when I got it.) During construction, I became a little worried that if I washed the hat and it shrunk at all, it would be too small. I decided to use narrower seams to make my hat a little larger. Each hat is reversible.


Ray decided he wanted a hat with a wider brim. I wanted to make a size large for me and decided to try a wider brim. I added 1" to the brim. Ray needed a large so he could use this hat for sizing. It really shades my face.



Ray's hat was the third hat I made. We were at a fabric store a couple of weeks ago and he made his fabric choices. His first choice was a Chicago Cubs print but the print was too large for a hat. 


And finally, I made one more hat for me in colors that I'll wear a lot. This time I made a size large and I made the brim 1/2" larger than the original. I finally perfected the pattern for my preference!


Ray and I both saw the dermatologist recently. Ray was told in no uncertain terms to wear a hat and use sunscreen. I was advised to do the same. We both have other hats but these are a fun addition to our collections.


2 comments:

  1. I was just told the same. Those hats look great, Jeanne!! I'm going to need to make some, too. I only WISH that I was a "hat person" so it wouldn't be such a big deal. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing all your hats! I should probably make one. We've been blessed with a very strong sun and Denver is closer to the sun than most places. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...