Friday, July 15, 2022

Hindsight ...

The Soccer Quilt is done. 

I bought the material last August at Quality Time Quilts in Indianola, Iowa. Sometime later in the fall, when I wasn't moving around much, I decided to do something with the fabric. I had a plan and cut the soccer fabric; I even sewed some pieces to the colored fabric. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I decided it was time to clean up my studio and finish all the quilts I had started when I was laid up. This one had cut pieces for a layout that wasn't working and I really didn't know what to do with it so I cut the pieces smaller thinking it would help - it didn't! The quilt is way too busy. I wish I hadn't cut the fabric last fall - I can now think of lots of possibilities for the fabric, of course! I decided it was time to just finish it so I did and I really hope some soccer-loving child will love it (because I don't!).

The Soccer Quilt is a 56" square donation quilt. 

I quilted it with Glide 40wt thread - Bone 17443 on the top and Cardinal 70001 on the back. I used a variety of motifs as I long arm quilted it - spirals, lazy 8s, paisley, horizontal stipple, double loops, and meandering. 

The back is red.

Looking at the quilt now, I think the quilt top would have made a great backing...


1 comment:

  1. Some child will be very happy to have such a bright colorful quilt. They don't see all the problems we see, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...