Saturday, January 7, 2017

Grandsons' quilt finished

A 2017 finish! This donation quilt was mostly made by my Illinois grandsons. I did a bit of straightening, then I quilted and bound it. 

All sewing was done with Aurifil thread and the batting is Dream Cotton. The quilt is 42" by 60"

The back is black with a small dot.

I quilted it with giant pebbles/rocks - guess I'll call them boulders - with a spiral thrown in every so often.


=====

Currently there are 17 quilts left to finish for my clean-out-this-stash project. Two need the binding hand stitched; three are pinned and ready to quilt; twelve tops are stitched and in a pile waiting. 

My Bernina is being serviced. I'll get it back next week; then I can use my new rulers. 

In the meantime, there is plenty to do! 


2 comments:

  1. That lime green with the black and white prints makes a nice quilt! Good luck with your "clear out the stash" plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boulders for the quilting. The colors in this one just sing. Love that the boys helped you with it. Congrats on the first finish of the year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...