Saturday, January 14, 2017

A quilt and dpn cases

I have a couple of quilting finishes. . .

First is the Jungle Quilt. This is the first quilt that I quilted with my new Bernina ruler foot and rulers. I'll talk more about the ruler foot and rulers in another post. This donation quilt is 46" by 46". It is part of my clean-out-this-stash project. I used Aurifil thread for the piecing and the quilting and Dream Cotton batting. 

This fabric is left from a couple of baby quilts. The borders are also pieces that were leftover from the same fabric line -  there are giraffes,


and the top and bottom are both monkeys.

The back is large white polka dots on yellow with a strip of the jungle fabric.
I decided to add a striped binding that had the same colors as the rainbow in the fabric.


A while back, I made myself a dpn (double pointed needle) case to hold some of my knitting needles. Recently I made a couple more for a friend.

The cases rolled up. Mine is the orange/red case - I didn't put a button and loop on it. My original patten gets better every time I make it.

When the case is open, you can see how the needles fit in. The cases close with velcro. The needles are held so they cannot fall out.

Each case is quilted but I'm not sure you can see that in the pictures.

I'm not planning to make anymore but you never know...

1 comment:

  1. Cute projects. Hope the ice is gone. It is supposed to be warmer (high 40's) by the time I finally get home on Fri or Sat. No stitching for weeks, but, I found a lovely vintage machine yesterday, that is coming home with me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...