Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One of those days...

I started machine quilting a quilt Monday afternoon and had more than a quarter of it done. When I got back to it yesterday afternoon, things were going great - no problems with thread or anything! I had plenty of time - no rushing. I though I could finish it. I was watching the clock and decided that I would quit at 5 PM for dinner and then re-evaluate. About 4:40, my machine stopped. Yup, for the third time in a little over a month, it died again! The first time was a fuse, the second time was a belt. This time the needle will not go up and down - there is a whirring noise. 

Can you see how close I am to finishing? The unfinished area still has the safety pins.

Here's a closer picture. The area is roughly 12" by 12".

Well, the machine is not getting fixed anytime soon because we are ready to leave for a few weeks. Suitcases are packed and set to go. 

So sometime in September, I'll take it in to be fixed (?) once more - I really do think the handwriting is on the wall - it is dying! And I think I'll be much closer to buying that new machine when I get home. Quilt Camp is coming up at the end of September so I better have a good working machine in place by then! 

Now I just have to be sure I have money left when we get home!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's time to just bite the bullet on a new machine ... you'll definitely want a reliable machine for Quilt Camp. Be sure to share what kind you buy (if you do).

    Where are you going on your trip? We leave in 3 1/2 weeks for the Outer Banks, and I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Silly me would purchase the machine now and then know how much $ I can spend on the trip! Safe travels and enjoy the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So frustrating! Have a great trip. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...