Tuesday, November 8, 2022

A November Finish

In early November, I have a retreat with three friends. I have missed this for a few years and was delighted to be able to attend this year. We were missing one of our group but we still had a great time. I found that sewing on my machine - I assume it must have been the height of the table and/or the chair - was painful. (At home, I can typically sew for 1+ hours at a time.) Anyway, I did very little machine stitching and lots of hand stitching. 

I finished Hill n Dale. I purchased a kit for this quilt in early September. I fell in love with the baby blue fabrics - Moda's Crystal Lane by Bunny Hill Designs. I very seldom buy kits but it was on sale and quite a deal.

I decided to use the same fabric line for the backing and finally found fabric at an online shop. This matches the most used fabric (the medium fabric used in the square patches) on the front.

The quilting motif is just two loops with an echo across the loops. Here is my practice piece:

This 64" square quilt will be staying with us. I used Glide Linen #10WG1 40-wt thread to quilt this.


At the retreat I finished putting the binding on this quilt - it just needed the hand stitching.

There are more finishes to come...

5 comments:

  1. The quilt is very pretty, I like the pieced border. I always take my own chair along to the retreat. This has helped so much with backache. I live close to my retreat and don't travel with anyone so I have the room. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool quilting, Jeanne, and a fabulous quilt finish! The border really changed the simplicity of the center to something special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could go to the retreat. I tend to take chair cushions when I go to sew-ins, since the chairs aren't always the correct height for sewing. It really helps, especially if I'm using a hand crank (wrong height makes for a very sore shoulder). Enjoy your pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty quilting and love the blues in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love the pieced border and the quilting. I bought a fat quarter bundle of this fabric line to make a bed quilt for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...