Thursday, November 10, 2022

A Third Finish for November

One day I was reading something that Christina Cameli had shared. She suggested cutting up charm squares and sewing them back together as strings. I had two matching Kaffe Fassett charm packs that I decided to slice into pieces without thinking through the process. If you do this, do not cut too big of a slant or your strips will have to be trimmed to less than a 5" width. I'm just speaking from experience here. 
This just came out of the dryer and I did not get on the floor to flatten it.

This donation quilt finished at 52" by 57".

I quilted this on my long arm using the pantograph, Water Wings from Urban Elementz. Although I love free motion quilting, I'm trying to learn to use pantographs - it is getting easier and my quilting is looking better! I used 40-wt Glide thread - Lemon Ice #80607.


I found fabric for the back that matches one of the fabrics in the quilt. It is orange rather than pink as it looks in this photo.

This is the third quilt I finished at the recent retreat. Again, all I had to do was hand stitch the binding. I also did some wool work at the retreat. I'm hoping those projects are finished soon.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt, Jeanne!! I may have to try that technique. MUST remember your tip about not cutting too much of an angle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun quilt! Someone is going to love being wrapped up in that hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a finish! It is a beautiful and cheerful quilt. I have some I need to wash before I can donate them. I love that post-wash crinkle.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...