Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Another November Finish

At the recent retreat, I did lots of handwork.  My second finish also just needed the binding sewn down. It is called Bright Gems. I saw a picture of a quilt similar that was called Vintage Jewels. I made my squares about 4 1/2" finished and used bright colors (because the pastels didn't seem to fit). 

This donation quilt is 58 inches square. 

Did you see the binding? It was in my stash and seemed the perfect choice.

The backing is from my stash also.

I free-motion quilted this with a meandering stitch using 40-wt Glide thread, Bone #17443.

It was nice to get another quilt finished. And there's still more to come!

4 comments:

  1. I did see the binding and planned to comment on it being a perfect choice. I love your backing selection, as well. Congrats on having another lovely donation quilt ready for giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun, bright quilt (I love brights)! The binding is perfect for that quilt. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the binding and that longarm purchase sure has come in handy in getting all these pretty quilts, quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and cheerful! I love the mix of blocks and squares in it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...