Friday, October 28, 2022

A Finished Quilt

I've kept busy since we got back from our trip to the UP of Michigan. We've been home almost two weeks - we've traveled to have lunch with Ray's brother and girlfriend, traveled to see a couple of baseball games (grandson playing), gone to a benefit for a local fellow, traveled to an academic bowl (grandson) and traveled to a 3rd grade concert (grandson). I guess we've traveled a lot and I also had a birthday and I've been able to do some quilting.

Log Cabin with Multi-Colors just needed a binding but, hey, it is a finish!

The colored fabric for the log cabin blocks is all from the same bolt except for the very center. That is a Grunge blue that matches the border.

This 59" square quilt will be donated.

I free-motion quilted this with a double loop motif. I used 40-wt Glide thread - #10877 Sterling Gray. It was a little darker than I wanted.

I'm slowly building my stash of Glide thread and this was the lightest gray I have. 

The back has the same colors as the front although I'm not sure it looks like it in the following photos.


I have more quilts that need binding - maybe I'll have more finishes soon!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, very pretty! Grandchildren keep us busy don't they. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful, and the quilting looks great! It's hard to believe that you used a single fabric for all of the colored logs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday! I like that scrappy log cabin quilt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...