Saturday, March 24, 2012

Quilts and pillows done!

I just finished quilts for a couple of bunk beds. It has been an interesting journey - no pattern and just learning FMQ (free motion quilting). I learned lots and enjoyed the process! With the scraps, I made three pillows - each with a quilted top.


First the 14" throw pillows.



One quilt is baseball themed.

The back is bats and balls.

The other quilt is hockey themed.

The back is sticks and pucks.


The batting is Dream Poly. The quilts each measure 72" X 90". They are machine pieced and machine quilted.


I hope the preschooler enjoys them - I know he won't judge my FMQ skills!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing ~ They look great and know they will be enjoyed by the little one!! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Way to go! Great accomplishments and lookin' good! Sewed this morning some and cut some squares for my next project (QOV quilt). Always something on the horizon...hmmm? Have a great rest of the weekend, beautiful weather is making it somewhat difficult to focus on indoor fun things. DH washed both motorcycles today so I think I know what we will be doing tomorrow;-D Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quilts and pillows look wonderful! I love the bright colors for children.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...