Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A day of waiting ...

We got up to a cloudy day with a rather constant mist/drizzle and temperatures in the 60s. Ray exercised in the indoor pool - water aerobics, he says! Then we had breakfast here at the motel.

We decided to start the day at the Tennessee Aquarium , so I checked the map and decided on a relaxing way to go. When we left the motel, I was still listening to messages from our home answering machine when we left the motel, turned right and Ray asked which way at the corner. I said to go straight. However, we should have turned turn left when we left the motel. So when I checked the GPS (which wanted us on the interstate) we were 9 miles from the Aquarium - hmmm, we started only 5 miles away. When we were 12 miles away, we decided to listen to the GPS and get on I-24. That's when we figured out where we went wrong. So what's the big deal??? An accident on I-24. About 2 minutes after getting on I-24, we were in slow traffic and then in stopped traffic! Evidently a semi rolled blocking all eastbound lanes 2.5 miles ahead of us and then another accident in the same area. We were about 6 miles from our motel exit and another 5 miles from the Aquarium. We spent much of the morning talking to a trucker from Florida and a retired educator from Florida while we waited and waited and waited and Ray took pictures...


We got to the Aquarium about noon so we ate lunch and then started our tour. I am so glad we got to see this - it was really awesome! If you are ever in Chattanooga, GO!
A gator ...
and one of many neat fish ...


We loved the butterflies ...

but my favorite was the penguins. I think I could of watched them for hours - they played follow the leader and they are mighty fast little swimmers!

We decided to order in pizza tonight. Our friendly desk clerk recommended Mr. T's Pizza - we'd recommend it too! Of course it took quite a while to arrive so we just patiently waited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...