Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Turtle Quilt is finished.

I decided the green Irish chain, which I made on a retreatneeded something. I added some turtles and then some borders. The binding also reflects the  great colors of the turtles.

I used my new rulers to quilt this quilt. The turtles have diamonds around them.

The 9-patch blocks have squares - I don't think you can see the inner one; it's in the ditch around the center green square.

This quilt has been laundered and you can see the crinkliness from the Dream Cotton batting. Did you know that crinkliness is a word?

I used Aurifil thread for the piecing and the quilting. Oh, can you see the turtle tracks around the green border? I like my wavy line ruler.

Did you notice the binding above? It goes quite well with the back. I love color especially in children's quilts. I hope some child will fall in love with this donation quilt.

The Turtle Quilt is 55" by 55" and another quilt from my clean-out-this-stash project.

======

Update on my clean-out-this-stash project:

The pile of quilt tops is getting smaller - yay!

Parts of two quilts are rolled on boards ready to be pinned.

There are a couple of pinned quilts that need to be quilted.

I am currently quilting one quilt using my wavy line ruler.

There are a couple of quilts that need the binding hand sewn.

I'm beginning to feel like this project really is manageable! 

3 comments:

  1. You have gotten this proect under good control. First the turtles are just too cute and so perfect to finish off the green irish chain. The various stages as you move things along is exactly what I do and works so well. Great job all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course some kid will fall in love with that turtle quilt! How cute! I like the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your turtles are adorable! Way to go on finishing up your UFOs! It sure seems like you are making great progress.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...