Friday, October 12, 2012

2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge - October

The October Free Motion Quilting Challenge over at Insights from SewCalGal featured Teri Lucas as the expert of the month. Teri teaches free motion quilting.

This month we had to practice a number of things on paper for one design and then quilt it. Well, I practiced a number of times on paper and decided that maybe I would pass - this just wasn't a block I would use. But for some reason, I sat down at my machine yesterday and decided to try quilting it. I am really glad that I did! Not only did I see remarkable improvement in some parts of my quilting wow - the practice is starting to pay off!, I tried different threads with great success! I probably won't use this block but it was great to try it!

We had to write our name, echo around it making it interesting. I needed a grid and clam shells and more. Each motif gets its own thread. Notice the gold feathers. 

I'm glad I did the exercise and tried the different threads - I'd only used Isacord and Aurifil for quilting. This exercise has opened up a world of opportunity!

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! For me, this usually results in quilty dreams for the next few nights until I get to the next project needing some quilting stitches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - I have yet to work on this one. Hopefully in a week or so. I think stitching is much easier than drawing for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Jeanne. I haven't done mine yet but looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, Jeanne. How did you keep your grid lines so straight and even? That was the hardest part for me this month!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...