Since I can't be at my church's sew-in for Little Dresses for Africa, I decided to make a few dresses so I would have a donation.
I pulled fabric from my stash, cut the lengths, sewed up the back seam and then I counted. I thought 10 would be a good donation - I had 24 dresses started! So...I kept sewing. Now it might have been faster to just follow the directions but I decided that each one 'needed' at least one pocket, some 'needed' two, some 'needed' a little more interest. And since I didn't have any bias tape, I faced the armholes and made the ties for the straps. Oh, it would have been fun to have daughters to sew for - I did sew for my sons when they were small but no frills!
So here is my pile:
There are 9 size small - definitely the cutest!
Most of my favorites are size small. The blue with the lace.
The green with the extra piece around the middle.
And my overall favorite - the one with the flower. When I put the pockets on this dress, one of them moved! Not wanting to tear out the pocket, I appliqued a flower (already made in my stash!) coming out of the tipped pocket. I love the flower but mostly I love the colors!
There are 5 medium dresses.
And 6 large ones.
It's a little hard to see the second dress in. I love the fabric.
And there are 4 extra-large dresses.
The blue Hawaiian print showed up in the largest 3 sizes. I absolutely love that fabric but have never used it. As tempting as it was to keep it, I decided to pass it on. I hope some little girls love it too!
Everything you see is from my stash. You can't actually see the 8 yards of 1/4" elastic that I had to buy.
The dress really is a quick pattern if you just make it and don't play!
- 2018 Quilt Finishes
- 2018 Knitting Finishes
- 2017 Knitting Finishes
- 2017 Quilt Finishes
- 2016 Quilt Finishes
- 2016 Knitting Finishes
- 2015 Quilt Finishes
- 2015 Knitting Finishes
- 2014 Quilt Finishes
- 2014 Knitting Finishes
- 2013 Knitting Finishes
- 2013 Quilt Finishes
- Instant Pot Adventures
- Dehydrating Foods