Monday, March 19, 2012

2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge March Update

I am trying to keep up with the 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge over at Insights from SewCalGal. I really enjoyed Ann Fahl's tutorial on FMQ. She is not only an expert on FMQ, but also teaches quilting and has written a number of books and other publications. Her work is awesome. Her tutorial was very informative - she discussed basics as well as giving tips. She encouraged us to develop our own style - something I am working on.


Many of you know that March has been a blur due to health problems with family members. As a result, I have quilted very little. I made these pillows and quilted them with stippling loops. It is a style that I really like. I have some ideas for future practice - I have been sketching - now I just need machine time!


I think you can see the quilting here.

I pieced the pillow tops at our retreat on Saturday. I had my Featherweight so I didn't do any FMQ that day.

Each pillow is made out of scraps.

3 comments:

  1. Your pillows are very cool. I can see a young boy being delighted with them. The stippling loops are very good. Bravo...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on that quilting design! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out nice grandma :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...