Saturday, March 9, 2024

Time Passes

This finish happens at the perfect time since we turned our clocks ahead 1 hour late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I began this quilt in late December after reading a fictional quilting story that used a similar pattern. They used light with dark hourglass blocks of an unknown size, no sashing and arranged the dark triangles alternating between horizontal and vertical. I decided to use all kinds of scraps (I was definitely in scrap clean-out mode) and decided my quilt needed sashing. Time Passes is donation quilt measuring 51" by 53".

Here's a closer photo.

I quilted this with spiral loops using Glide #17443 Bone thread on the back and #80607 Lemon Ice on the top. 

The back is colored circles which was in my stash. Whenever I'm fabric shopping, I look at the wide backings. If there is something I don't often see or that I think I will use, it might come home with me. It's nice to have a good option in my stash.

I laundered the quilt and took photos. Then I saw a four spots where colors had run. Now the quilt has been laundered again   after I treated the spots with Dawn detergent and all is well.

Be sure to set your clocks ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, a beautiful donation quilt. Most of our clocks will change automatically. I'll change the one in my sewing studio tomorrow. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt and a great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome scrappy quilt, Jeanne!! I'm not sure how I managed to miss this post. Glad I saw it and just maybe your "scrap cleanout mode" is contagious. My studio needs a hefty dose of it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...