Thursday, March 7, 2024

Finshes, Two-Coloured Mystery, Hockey Quilt

I have a couple finishes. I think this is the end of the panels from my late friend Colleen.

Bright Animals is 39" x 46". I wasn't sure what to do with this panel and I didn't seem to have anything to use for a border so I just added a back and quilted it with Glide Steel Blue #38201 thread on the front and Bone #17443 on the back.

I quilted this donation quilt with a meandering motif. 

The back is from my stash.

ABCs is another donation quilt and finished at 37" by 49".

I used light turquoise #32975 Glide thread to quilt this with a loop de loop design. I did figure eights on the ends. 
 


The back is a multi-colored pattern from my stash.


The second clue of the Two-Colour Mystery came out this morning. Joanne gives some tips each week. This week she talked about checking for an exact seam allowance. I hadn't stopped and checked mine for a while so I checked this morning. All's good!

This clue was easy and the pieces went together quickly. I have everything finished for the week but of course, I'm only making a lap size quilt. The instructions are really clear and easy to follow.

Now I'm drawing some diagonal lines on a few pieces - Joanne said we could get a head start on some future weeks since this clue was a faster one. If you still want to join, click here or type in https://www.canuckquilterdesigns.com/. You need to sign up before April 11 to get all of the clues for free.


Work is progressing on the hockey quilt. Bet you can't guess the favorite hockey team! The letters are all pieced from my own patterns. My requirements were 1) each letter finishes at 4"x7" and 2) all parts of the letter are 1" wide.  

It took a little work to make the B and the W. And then it took a lot of work and chocolate to make the K and the S. I'm so glad they all look okay (at least they do to me!).

My plan is to have the words on the sides and ends of the quilt. The top will be a hockey rink. I have my plans drawn to scale and I now have all the fabrics, I think. Guess it's time to begin on the rink...

2 comments:

  1. I had that abc panel (the second finished quilt)! It was so fun to see all the animals and letters. Love the hockey quilt - lucky grandson. I just went and found the e-mail for the mystery and popped it into it's folder. I still need to search for fabric in the stash so I can start that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing up those two cute donation quilts, Jeanne! You've made good progress on your other projects, as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...