Sunday, October 2, 2022

A Fall Finish

I finally have a finish, albeit a small one. I was getting fall quilts, table runners, etc. out the other day and remembered that I needed a runner for one spot. Actually I've needed the runner since 2020 and it was time to do something about it!

So I went to my stash, found fabric, made a sketch, and came up with this:

Here's a closer view of the 54" by 18" runner:

I free motion quilted this with a meandering stitch using Isacord #1123 (tan) 40 weight thread. The back is a tan with oak leaves. Like everything else, it was in my stash.

And here the runner in its place.


There are some almost-finishes around here. I have three quilts that need to have the binding hand stitched - I'll get to them one of these days. We'll be heading north soon. It's time to go visit family in Wisconsin and then we'll head on to the UP of Michigan to enjoy the fall colors. 




3 comments:

  1. What a perfect spot for your lovely new Autumn runner, Jeanne! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little runner complements the space perfectly! Love the stained glass piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you got some sewing time in. Enjoy the drive north. Our drive home didn't have much color (too early).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...