Sunday, October 16, 2022

Fall Trip to Wisconsin and Michigan Part 1

We headed north for a few days. We left home on a Wednesday and stopped at a nice shop, The Quilting Nook & More in Osseo, Wisconsin, where I found a couple of pieces of fabric for table runners. I honestly didn't know that this was the beginning of another 'fabric hoarding' trip!

After a little shopping and a nice long walk in the Eau Claire mall, WI, we spent the night there. 

Day two found us stopping at a great shop, Stitch Supply Co in Eau Claire, where they packaged my purchases in this cute project bag.

I found some cute mini charms with a matching red for holiday table runners. There are also a few fat quarters, thread, and needles that I needed.

Next stop was another nice place, Sew Complete in Eau Claire. I fell in love with this fabric and finally narrowed it to just two colors. The fabrics are ombre which means they are shaded light to dark across the fabric. The clerk also added the 2023 calendar which appears to have some great recipes.

A little further north, we enjoyed lunch in Rice Lake, WI, and then stopped at a shop I frequent whenever in the area,
Busy Bobbin. I bought a couple fabrics for Christmas projects, a backing, and a panel.
 
Around mid-afternoon, we arrived in Shell Lake, Wisconsin where two of my brothers live on the lake. It was wonderful to see my brother Tom, his wife Sandy, and my brother Jim. We were able to get in lots of visiting, great food, a nice walk, and a fantastic hike in Jim's woods. My cousin Lisa, her husband Eric, and my aunt Helen joined us one day for lunch. It was wonderful to see everyone; it's been way too long. 

Let me share a few photos:
Beautiful fall colors as we headed north

Sunrise at Jim's

Beautiful trees on our morning walk

Heavy fog on the lake back in the bay early in the morning



Another sunrise

Moonset

And yet, another sunrise



Tom and Sandy's treehouse side view from Jim's yard

Treehouse and cabin from the lake

Inside treehouse

First floor screen porch in treehouse

A walk in Jim's woods




Jim and Ray in the woods


Back Jim, Cousins Lisa and Eric, me, Ray
Front Aunt Helen, Tom with Mr. Big, Sandy

It was very hard to leave Shell Lake but we did ... more of our trip coming soon



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip! You purchased some lovely fabrics, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your Michigan pictures- I live downstate and haven't been up there in the fall for several years. Glad you had a nice visit with family .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be more photos - I took hundreds so I'm still sorting. We were lucky to be in the UP at a really good time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous trip with some wonderful fabrics to bring home, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...