Monday, July 2, 2018

Sam's Flowers

My SIL Sam has an amazing green thumb. She is also extremely artistic. I'm always in awe of her flowers/plants and her inside/outside decorating. She and my oldest brother, Tom, live at the lake about half of the time. I just wandered around their yard and took some photos yesterday after the rain. 


















There are even cacti.

My favorite are the daisies.

=====

Today was a gorgeous day. This morning we took a walk and stop by Tom and Sam's cabin to check on the tree house. Yes, they are building a BIG tree house. My nieces and nephews are doing most of the work. Work was just beginning for the day when we arrived. Five steel beams were to be lifted into place today which meant many hands were needed along with winches, tractors, scaffolding, and lots of discussion. We stayed all morning and helped where we could - neither of us lifted any beams though. After lunch, we returned to find that the remainder of the beams were raised and the welding into place had begun. More on the treehouse later.

Ray and I decided that going for a swim would be a good way to cool off before dinner. The lake was cool enough to be very refreshing.

Tonight was a pizza party at my brother Jim's house. We had 32 there. (There are still more coming in the next couple of days.)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely assortment of pretty flowers! I can't wait to see this tree house. WE're heading to the pool in a few minutes. It's too hot to do anything else here right now. Except sew later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pictures of that tree house. I loved living at the lake when I was younger (teens).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...