Saturday, September 30, 2017

Projects finished, in progress, and new...

It really isn't hard to stay busy when we are home.

First I have a crochet finish that happened in early September. I made the natural colored headband as a prototype and it fit my DIL so then I made the charcoal gray one she wanted. She found the free pattern on Ravelry - Knotted Headband.

A few days ago I finished this scarf that I knit from the blank I bought at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Fest in early September. The scarf is Merino wool and is made with a garter stitch. The pattern is Hitchhiker by Martina Behm.


The dehydrator has been running mostly for acorn squash. It is one of my favorite things to rehydrate. 

I pinned this quilt. It is a little larger than most quilts I make, so I had to rearrange some furniture to pin it. Now I am quilting it. My Bernina started skipping stitches - I've changed needles and cleaned it. I'm still not sure what's going on but I have some tearing out to do. 

I've started knitting this wool sweater for myself

and this pair of socks for Ray. The yarn is yak and bamboo.

Yesterday we took a little road trip to get fabric for a bed quilt for a grandson. He just got his own bedroom and a new bedroom set. He wants me to make a quilt and surprise him. I have an idea and now I have fabric. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, that's a lovely scarf! Good luck with your Bernina. Perhaps she needs a little TLC from a technician? I'm always surprised how the deep cleaning the tech at work gives a machine seems to fix all sorts of issues. I look forward to seeing what you sew up to surprise your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might have to wear that scarf tomorrow. My Bernina was just serviced recently. I haven't been real happy with my shop - they don't/can't seem to fix a couple of issues. I think I've found a new place to take it but I need a whole day - it's quite a distance from me. ~Jeanne

      Delete
  2. You are prolific! Love the scarf, very much like one my daughter made me. Skipped stitches sound like timing but since it was recently serviced.....it is probably the needle, unless you are sewing on batiks. Then it is the needle....go bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is gorgeous!! I crochet, rather than knit, and make baby afghans while travelling. Simple and mindless for me. I hope to do some serious sewing today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how your Hitchhiker rainbow-ed from that blank!! Lots of wonderful projects going on at your house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...