Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quilt Camp and more...

I'm here, I just haven't been blogging cause we've been keeping very busy and enjoying each day!

We had a great time (except for the weather) at Shell Lake, in northern Wisconsin, with my brothers and their wives/girlfriend. OK, each of my three brothers has either a wife or a girlfriend - none have both!

Then it was on to ‘Quilt Camp’ - which was really a retreat this year. It was fun for the seven of us from Minnesota, Texas, and Illinois to be back together for a few days of sewing, visiting, and eating. We always enjoy some great evening meals out. We had a wonderful time reconnecting.

This year we sewed in the classroom instead of the barn. It was great - we had A/C and lots of room. Here are a few shots:
Susan (at the far end), Tina, and Polly. You can see one of Polly's blocks in the foreground.
Linda, Kathy, Sue, and my spot at the far end.
This was my spot.
Some of the completed or almost completed tops:
Sue's baby quilt
Linda's cute little quilt
Tina's neat lap size quilt
Linda's flag
Tina's great wall hanging
There were many WIPs (works in progress). I don't think Susan, Polly or I finished anything but we worked hard all week on large projects. I thought I had everyone's work but I missed Polly's blocks you can see one of her blocks in a picture above and my blocks you will see them later when I get the quilt together.

Kathy finished this top but I didn't get a picture. It was stunning.
One of Susan's many blocks
One of Kathy's disappearing pinwheel blocks 
Ray got in a couple of nice bicycle rides while I was sewing. He is doing great and enjoyed having a couple of nice days to ride.

Since Country Threads is closing, our little group hopes to meet somewhere else next summer. Wonder if we can find a place with great bike trails...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone was productive ... I can't wait to see your quilt. So glad that Ray continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very successful quilt camp! I see a lot of gorgeous projects there and a lot of happy people...perfect elements for success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have getting a lot of sewing done and having fun doing it. It's nice that Ray have been able to enjoy some bike rides and wonderful that he is doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've had fun on both trips. Hope you can find a great new place to meet and stitch.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...