Wednesday, September 13, 2017

First Stop on North Shore Trip

We headed to northern Wisconsin on Sunday. My two older brothers live on Shell Lake in the north woods. 
Dusk at Shell Lake
Dawn at Shell Lake

Jim lives there full-time and the Tom and wife Sandy live there about half of the time. Our brother John and his wife Annie were the only ones missing.
Jim, me, Tom (only missing John)
Jim, Ray, me, Tom, Sandy (only missing John and Annie)

One morning we took a hike in the woods - Jim has 20 acres in the country, away from the lake. We hiked around his land and found maple trees that he hadn't yet marked to tap. In the spring, Jim makes delicious maple syrup. Every year he seems to tap a few more trees.

The leaves are changing colors.



We also found some late blackberries - mmm, more eating! We did lots of eating.

Our Aunt Helen came and spent time with us. Fun!
Jim, me, Aunt, Tom
We had a great visit with everyone including Tom and Sandy's dog - Mr.Big. 

I was able to do a little shopping at Thimbles Quilt Shop.  I loved their selection of flannels but resisted! I think Ray was surprised. I bought one piece for binding on a child's quilt

and a few fat quarters that I plan to use in an upcoming child's quilt.

On the way north, I finished a pair of socks that I made for me. I used blue Crazy Zauberball yarn.

We left Shell Lake this morning and headed north to Minnesota and the North Shore of Lake Superior. When I find time, I'll share some pictures from today. 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pictures! And how wonderful to visit with family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...