Saturday, September 14, 2024

Another Potato Chip Quilt

We've been home for almost two months and I've stayed busy. Lots of produce has been frozen and dehydrated. I just finished 5 large batches of applesauce, some apple crisp, and apple bars for the freezer. Now I'm  looking forward to getting more apples for slicing and freezing/drying and then the freezers will be full!

Ray is doing well. He has more energy and is riding his bike again; he is getting close to his goal of riding 14 miles a day. We both gets a good amount of rest each day and are enjoying a more normal life.

I have found time to do some quilting and have a finish. The Potato Chip Quilt is just one large block. I think this is the last bundle of fabric that I have from my late friend Colleen. It was a fat quarter bundle and I didn't have anything in my stash to go with it so I tried to use large pieces to get the largest quilt possible.

This donation quilt is 57" by 58". 

Using Glide #30281 Blueberry thread on my long arm, I quilted this with a Square Fishbone motif - I marked the design and used rulers.

The back and binding are a navy fabric from my stash. I also used the leftover pieces of fabric on the back.

I have a variety of projects in progress including another potato chip quilt using bright scraps. Here is a peek:

For some reason, I have lots of table runners in the works. Here are a few:

This flannel quilt is actually on the long arm frame now.

More finishes are coming. The pile of projects that need binding hand stitched is larger than I ever remember. 

3 comments:

  1. The large block potato chip quilt is a great idea! I've made blocks over this summer, just need to put them together into a flimsy. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt. I like the different table runners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing a little test to see if comments are being emailed to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...