Friday, September 6, 2024

A Walk at Rutherford Refuge

Things are going well here and we are staying busy. One of these days I'll have some quilt finishes. In the meantime, I'll share a post that I forgot to post at the end of July. 

One morning, in late July, we decided  to walk in a relatively new Conservation Area which is very close to us. Rutherford Refuge was dedicated in 2021.

This is what we saw as we pulled into the parking area.

The trail was just to the right as we pulled in and it was nicely mowed one.

We found a few wildflowers.



We could see clear Creek Creek and later would cross it.

I love the way this weed had feelers attached to other weeds.



  



The walk was up and down hills but also level in some spots. We were glad we wore hiking boots.


Our first visit was short; next time we will explore more.   We look forward to a pretty hike in the fall.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful way to get some fresh air, Jeanne! I can see why you would be looking forward to an autumn walk. I'm sure it will prove to provide another glorious outdoor adventure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...