Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Time goes on ...

I'm not sure where the time goes and most days fly by.

Among other things, I've been busy quilting,
A donation quilt

doing a little shopping for a special quilt,
We are expecting a great niece and great nephew.
The adoption of the 8 year old and 5 year old should be soon.

delivering quilts to the Ronald McDonald House in Madison, WI (the Children's Hospital is not taking quilts at the time),
They would only take up to 20 due to space limitations.
I took 19.

spending a little road time with Ray, my favorite photographer,

enjoying out of town friends,
With the oldest daughter living a little over an hour away now,
we hope to see all of them more often.

relaxing at a snowy retreat with friends,

and seeing the last hockey games of the season for three of our grandsons. This 3-on-3 tournament, ended with a championship!
DS2 is the coach and GS2 is next to his dad.

The quilt retreat was this past weekend. We arrived on Thursday morning before the snow began so we were able to enjoy the snow and watching someone else deal with it while we visited, quilted, ate, and enjoyed ourselves.

I did finish The Chunky Turquoise quilt at the retreat. It is 58" by 64".

This donation quilt is quilted with 40 wt Glide #10877 Sterling (gray) thread. I free-motioned lazy eights on the first two rows, horizontal stippling on the next two rows, and continued in this way ending with two rows of lazy eights.


The backing is a tone-on-tone coral, a color seen on the front in a few blocks.

It's taking me some time to recover from the weekend; guess I overdid a little. I have more stamina than I did and it is slowly improving. I'll rest for a couple days and then all should be okay. I'm hoping to sew tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Take it easy. I'm still recovering from the Alaska trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always exhausted when I get home from quilt retreats. I don't go to bed my normal early time but I still wake up at 5ish! It is so nice your daughter and family live closer now, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, Jeanne!! Your Chunky Race quilt is awesome and I'm glad to see you were able to have some friend, family AND retreat time! Congrats to the hockey champs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...