Thursday, March 16, 2023

Another Retreat Finish

I finished one other quilt at the retreat. This 48" by 54" quilt is for a special little guy. 

The center has roads with firetrucks and I think little cars could drive those same roads.

The sides have cars, trucks, school buses, campers, emergency vehicles,...

The backing is airplanes. I free-motion quilted this with a large meander using 40-wt Glide #10877 Sterling thread on the front and #70187 Ruby on the back.

I worked on a couple other projects at the retreat also. 

I am making quarter square triangles in bright colors. This is an ongoing, fun project.

I enjoy the improv when making these - anything goes. Fifteen blocks are done; I think I need around fifty. This will end up as an I-spy donation quilt.

I finished piecing the Pink Chunky Quilt. Yes, I'm still trying to use up my many scraps.

Today is Thursday - I think that means it's time for a storm since we have a storm almost every Thursday lately. Looks like the rain will begin soon and change to snow overnight. Sounds like a good day for quilting!

2 comments:

  1. For the I Spy, you can quilt fun things in the white parts. I did that (by hand) for a racing quilt for hubby way back for our 20th Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another retreat finish, a pretty completed quilt top and a fun new project, Jeanne!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...