Tuesday, May 5, 2020

What to do?

I decided to take a few days off of mask making. I have about 20 masks sitting here so I can handle any immediate requests and I could just use a few days of something else.

I finished quilting Dignity and am hand stitching the binding. I'll show you more when it is finished.


Paint is the only quilt waiting to be quilted.


I have two long term projects, some small log cabins (4.5" square)

and some little squares - 2" before seamed with the white.

Other than this, I have no works in progress! How can that be - I always have at least 8-10 or many more projects in progress? I guess that is always except in a pandemic. The question "What to do?" is now answered, I cut the pieces for a new quilt last night. This will be a very simple quilt - just what I'm looking for right now.

I pulled 26 teal fabrics from my stash and cut 2.5 by 6.5 rectangles. I did a little stitching this morning. This quilt will be simple but nice.

I probably should be doing some more deep cleaning or even regular cleaning but a few days off sounds good. 

Here are some of my recent masks. Some have t-shirt straps and some now have elastic (it hadn't arrived when I took the pictures.) The straps/elastic are interchangeable in these. The first pictures are masks for 3 of our grandsons.



The following are more masks for our hospital and clinic. Each mask is two pieces of fabric pleated with an opening to insert a filter and each has elastic per hospital guidelines.

I have a silent partner in the mask making business - a financial partner! Yesterday I received cash in the mail to help with my mask making expenses. My benefactor chose not to sign the note enclosed with the money so I don't know who the kind, generous soul is but I do appreciate their generosity. My masks are all donated and given freely to those that need/request them. Receiving the cash was a huge surprise.

I'll be back to mask making in another day or so. In the meantime I may even begin another quilt ...

4 comments:

  1. So glad you remedied the 'no projects left to work on'! Great job on the masks. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are always so inspiring...I guess this pandemic has had a silver lining with the time for you to finish so many donations! Your masks are wonderful, and what a great thing to receive a financial partner...all for such a good cause. Enjoy your day, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masks. Someone gave me $20 when they picked up masks (free) for their kids. I also got a $50 gift card for masks given to a nurse (guild members made those masks, so it will go towards something for the guild members). If you need something to quilt, I'll send you several things (I still have LOTS of UFO's and 11 things in line to be quilted (the hard part for me since I don't free motion).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what to think about your minimal amount of works in progress. Should I ship you some of mine?! :o))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...