Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A few projects finished!

I have a few projects completed.

Last year Ray and I attended Brynn's Blanket Party.  She has Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and is treated at University of Wisconsin Children's Hospital aka American Family's Children Hospital. At her party, we all made fleece blankets to donate to the hospital. We will most likely be traveling at the time of the party this year so I made a couple of blankets to give her to donate.


The dachshund blanket has a red back and is 54" square. I tied the front and back pieces together like people normally do with a square knot.

The gray and pink blanket has a pink back and is also 54" square. Ray and I cut a small slit at the top of each pair of front and back pieces. Then we pulled the two pieces through the slit. It took more time but turned out cute.


The Pink and Yellow Flannel Baby Quilt is done. This donation quilt is about 47" square.
The quilt was folded and I did not get on the floor to flatten it.

I made this quilt as a rectangle 5 squares wide and 10 squares long. Then I cut from the upper left corner to the middle point of the right side. I also cut from the bottom left corner to the same middle point of the right side. I sewed the two cutoff pieces together matching what was the top of the quilt to what was the bottom.This piece became the left half of the quilt and was sewn to the right half. I couldn't find instructions so I decided to try it my way and it worked fine!



The front is all flannels that I found in my stash. The back is a brushed cotton that was also in my stash. I used some of the leftover fabric from the front on the back. 

The quilting is a stipple with small flowers. I used Aurifil #2423 pink 50-weight thread.

I also finished Deb's Extras. My friend Deb gave me her Kaffe Fassett layer cake scraps at a quilt retreat last summer. I cut the pieces to 5" squares and made this quilt. The small blues squares are made of fabric from my stash.

This donation quilt finished at 50" by 59". I quilted this with a carnation motif using Aurifil 50-weight #1231 lime green thread.


The back is a green that was in my stash and seemed to look good with the front.


I think I have 16 quilts in the donation pile. I'm not sure how much sewing will get done before we leave in May. I have lots of projects started so if I find some time, I definitely have something to sew.

1 comment:

  1. Wow quite a pile of lovelies you have here. The fleece blankets are too cute...love those puppies. The kids will love them.
    Your trick with the flannel quilt is mind blowing for me. I no longer get spacial things, but it turned out great! The "extras quilt is a beauty. Simple and so striking. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...