Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The flannel quilts are done!

The flannel quilts are really finished!!! 

Quite a while ago, Lesley posted a couple of flannel quilts that she named Hugs. I loved them and decided to make that pattern in a larger quilt when I cleaned out the flannel pieces in my stash. Well I ended up with three large quilts. 

I finished Hugs right before Christmas. It is 80" by 88" with Dream Cotton batting it's all flannel - front and back.

It is very cold today (below 0 degrees) so no outside pictures. 

The blue border on the front and the blue back do not match - the border is a little darker.

I used some extra HSTs on the back. I like to use extra blocks on the back.

I quilted this with a walking foot. It's sewn about 1/4" from the seam on both sides of every seam. The quilt has been washed and has crinkled nicely. 

Hugs is ready to be gifted but it is not a Christmas gift.
 

You may recall the other two flannel quilt.

You can read about Hugs Squared here.

You can read about Diamond Hugs here.
 

Hmmm, they all look like they have the same HSTs. Well, they do! I began making the HSTs in September, 2016. These three quilts are all gifts for some important people in our lives. Two have been delivered. Hugs will be home soon.

======
I've spent some time yesterday and today in my sewing rooms - yay! The Cricut Maker is working great and I have a start on my crayon quilt - no design yet, I'm just making crayons from solid colors. Here are some in varying stages.

I also began free-motion quilting a larger quilt, Tamarack. This is a quilt I began in March. Then it got put aside for flannel quilts and ??? Now, it is getting quilted. It really is time for me to do some free-motion quilting; it's been a long, unplanned hiatus.

You can see a little of the quilt here. 

I'm hoping that the next few days also have hours spent sewing - I might really make some progress!

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Love all your Hugs and the back too! FMQ is always soothing to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...