Thursday, October 27, 2016

Prairie Star Fall Retreat

It was another great retreat at Prairie Star Lodge. This one was hosted by Cassie of Lucky 2B Quilting. There were old friends - Cassie, Polly, Mary, Marilyn, and there were new friends - Betsy, Robin and Shawn. The eight of us had a great time and even watched the Chicago Cubs playing in the World Series.

This time I'm just showing projects. Some of the pictures aren't great - I was more interested in sewing and visiting!
3-D windmill quilt
3 1/2" blocks!
Strip quilt with scattered squares
3 pigs with a scalloped edge
Gingerbread girl with darling hair
Flower quilt with hour glass corner stones
Blocks made with curved ruler
Variety of table toppers
More 3 1/2" blocks from the 365 Challenge
Table runners
More table runners
Chicken quilt
Flower basket block
12 blocks - a variation of a log cabin block
Auditioning border fabric on part of a puff quit
Batik blocks
More batik blocks
Beginning of a triangle quilt
Beginning of a striking quilt
Flamingo pillowcase
Dinosaur pillowcase
Football blocks
Yo-yos for a quilt ... it's going to take quite a few!
I went with eleven donation quilts cut - all part of my clean-out-this-stash project. I had done a little sewing on a few. I finished all eleven tops! I even had a little time to sew some half square triangles from my peck of triangles.
Boy quilt
Sailboat quilt
Quilt blocks were made by three of our grandsons
Charm quilt
Pink Pepto quilt (It is the color of Pepto Bismo!)
Child Bricks
Red and White quilt
My Stars quilt
Scrappy Trips Around the World
Scrappy Stars quilt
Jungle Quilt
As for my clean-out-this-stash project, I need to spend some time with my piles of fabric. I'm sure those piles will tell me what to make next. I just need to listen ...

2 comments:

  1. Wow...great job and so many tops made. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great projects everyone was working on, but, I really like those batik blocks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...