Friday, September 16, 2011

A pincushion and a project

I don't think I have ever made a pin cushion until now. I wanted a large, thick one so the pins would not push through and scratch the surface under the cushion. I bought a small kit last week at Quilt Camp and made the cushion today. 



The pincushion is about 6 inches in diameter. It was super east to make - no lining since I used iron-on tricot on both the top and the bottom pieces. That was a nice and useful tip!


I've spent part of the day on another project also - this is what my cutting table looks like right now:




I sewed some 2 1/2 inch squares together. Now I'm cutting them up. One of these days I'll show the finished project. Oh, yes, I am using that glove as I cut - the pieces are small and I need all of my fingers!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...