Saturday, January 14, 2023

Interwoven Batiks

A while back, I saw a picture of a quilt like this on Facebook and in a couple of blogs. One version was called Intulawoven (that person had used Tula Pink fabrics) and she had done some beautiful custom quilting emphasizing the 'interwoveness'. I'm calling mine Interwoven Batiks. I made it months (years?) ago and then left it sit in the to-be-quilted pile. I fully intended to do some custom quilting on it using my domestic machine. But... the longarm arrived a year ago and I'm not sure how to do the quilting that I wanted to do on it and I have no desire to quilt on the domestic.

The quilt is made with batiks from my scrap basket and white. For the last few years, I've only used Bella Solid White #98 (bleached white) for solid white so all solid white scraps match. It sounds lazy on my part but saves a lot of time trying to figure out which white is which. It took a little work to get the colors where I wanted them so I used this diagram. There is one block (16 finished squares). I made my squares 3.5" finished but any size works. My blocks are 14" finished.


I wanted to use two colors of thread and am happy that my machine tension is fine to do that with Glide thread. I've tried it with both Finesse and Aurifil without success. I used Glide 40-wt thread - #17443 Bone on the top and #70187 Ruby on the back. I free motion quilted a large loop de loop motif. 

This 56" square quilt is a donation quilt. The back is red and black; it's Sedona Wave by Blank Quilting.

You can see by my design wall, that I am back to working on the tiny house quilt. I have added a few trees and I think I'll finish the top within a week. 

I don't think I have a good backing for this quilt so I think shopping will be in the near future!


3 comments:

  1. The woven quilt is so pretty! He's a lovely donation quilt! Your houses quilt is coming along, the trees add a very nice touch. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice woven quilt. The house quilt blocks are cute, too. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt finish and I love those Tiny Houses, too!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...