Sunday, July 26, 2020

Sunflowers, quilting, and more

Does anyone else find it hard to blog these days? Life goes on but we don't have much excitement - maybe that's good! 

Last week we went to a sunflower maze at Straddle Creek Gardens in Lanark, Illinois. This is Ray's picture of the entrance to the maze.

There were just a few people there, early on a gorgeous day. The 'maze' was really a walk through the sunflowers. 

Whenever there was a fork in the path, a question was posted. Depending on your answer, you went right or left. We pursued all wrong paths and all right paths. 

The wrong paths were very short, maybe 20-40' in length and worked great if a group was coming; they could pass without being near us.







I've been playing with some Magic Star blocks. Joy of The Joyful Quilter fame shared a tutorial last March. Using two 10" squares, I quickly and easily made these two 9" blocks.

I had a plain orange layer cake and decided to use it with white. I played with a variety of layouts and settled on this one. 
I think I'll add a small white border and put this top in the to-be-pinned pile.

I don't have any quilt finishes but I have other finishes. First, I'll share the first Jesse Masks for DS1 and his family. The picture was snapped before I added ear/around the head straps. School is coming and kids need masks. These are custom-made according to each person's face measurements. Measuring and fitting long distance has been interesting. We'll know this week if the masks fit.

I finished this cotton/silk sweater for me. It is extremely comfortable and feels nice even in hot weather.

I also knit this hat from some leftover yarn I had. I'm not sure who will end up with it; I need to keep my hands busy so I made it.

Hopefully I'll have a finished quilt to share in a few days. Have a great day! 

#StaySafe #WashYourHands #KeepYourDistance #WearYourMask 

3 comments:

  1. Love the sunflower field. Thanks for the visit...they are jsut so fun to see. Your orange and white is a great layout.
    Love the sweater a lot and it looks good.
    Hate that the kids have to wear masks at school. I think that is going to be a disaster for the teachers to enforce. too hot here for much. We made the trip to the Amish store for bulk soup mix...stocking up for fall. I too am struggling to blog and keep motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunflower maze looks like a lot of fun! Your magic stars look great and what a neat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that burnt orange and white quilt. Makes me think of University of Texas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...