Saturday, September 7, 2019

Wisconsin Quilt Expo 2019

On Thursday, my friend Sandy and I went to the Wisconsin Quilt Expo 2019 in Madison, Wisconsin. Oh, the people! We arrived 17 minutes after the doors opened and felt lucky to get a parking space. The place was mobbed with thousands of quilters! I was so happy and grateful that Sandy had bought our tickets ahead of time - one less line.

We worked our way through the crowds all morning and also through lunch. At 1:00, we attended Lori Kennedy's lecture. Although I'd never met Lori, I've followed her blog for years. I was greeted as a long lost friend. She is so warm and friendly.

Sandy and I both enjoyed Lori's class and learned some new things about free motion quilting. There is always more to learn! We attempted more shopping in the afternoon and both left with minimal purchases. I did get the ruler foot for my Juki but it was next to impossible to get photos of anything. Overall it was a fun day!

3 comments:

  1. Fun! But hate those crowds. So glad you enjoy the day and know you will share more of what you learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic time! Great pic with Lori. I have one of her books...she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Lori and her daughters last year at the show. Now that I'm working, I couldn't attend this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...