Friday, November 16, 2018

Jungle Strips

I finished Jungle Strips at the retreat last weekend. 

The main fabric, a jungle print, is the center diagonal of each square. I'm not sure where/when I acquired the fabric but I love it.  I found fabric in my scrap bins to match the colors in the jungle fabric.

This 52" square quilt has Dream Cotton batting. I used #2784 navy, 50-weight Aurifil thread to quilt this. I stitched in the middle of each of the 1" sashing pieces. Then I crosshatched each of the string blocks. The border has diagonals stitched in various widths. You can see a corner here.

In the middle of each side, I changed the direction of the diagonals.

On the back of this donation quilt, I used fabric that was left over from Mack's Quilt

One day soon we'll head to University of Wisconsin Children's Hospital. It's time that some children enjoy the pile of the quilts I have upstairs.


  1. Super color and design. You can't miss with string quilts. The kids will be in awe:)

  2. This is such a beauty. Love the way you quilted it. This one will be a favorite in its new home!

  3. Love this quilt! So fun and bright.

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. This comment has been removed by the author.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...