Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Garlic Knots is complete

A while back, Debbie at Stitchin Therapy was making garlic knots. I liked the block and decided to make a few. She used small squares but I had 2 1/2" squares, LOTS of 2 1/2" squares, so I used those. I chose a few reds and yellows with the colors matching within each block. The block is fun to make and rather addictive.

I worked on this at the Summer Retreat in July. Friends suggested I put the knots together in blocks of four based on value. I was just putting them on a design wall as I finished them. They looked much better sorted by value.

I free-motion quilted Garlic Knots with Jester Hats which is a tough pattern for me and I'm not sure why. I practiced and practiced with paper for a long time before sitting down at the machine. Immediately after the first 'hat', I was lost. But I persevered and finally finished the quilt. Don't look too close!


The borders are straight stitched using a walking foot. I used white 50-weight Aurifil thread for the Jester Hats and re #2250 50-weight Aurifil thread for the border. The backside of the border stitching is white Aurifil thread. The batting is Dream Cotton.

The backing is from my stash - you may have seen it on other quilts. Garlic Knots is 64" square and a donation quilt.

I've had a few finishes lately. With the cool weather, I don't mind a quilt on my lap for hand or machine quilting. I'm glad to have the finishes because I have lots of projects inn the beginning stages. I certainly wouldn't want too many projects in progress! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. What a great quilt! Love the pattern the blocks make when put together. I think your Quilting is perfect! Another great finish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...