Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Child Bricks, My Stars, and more Chemo Hats are finished

Child Bricks is finished.  The bricks are 4" by 8" finished and the quilt measures 56" by 60". All of the bricks are either plain colors or relate to things kids like. This is another quilt from my clean-out-this-stash project.

I used Aurifil thread and Dream Cotton batting. I really like having the entire quilt made of cotton. The back has a few small bricks.

The entire donation quilt is 7 bricks by 15 bricks. I quilted it with a square stipple using my quilting rulers but I not sure you can see the quilting in the photos. Maybe some child will be able to use the back as roads for their toy cars.


My Stars is also finished. This is another donation quilt from my clean-out-this-stash project.

Using my quilting rulers, I quilted the stars in straight lines radiating out from the center of the star. 

Then I did a large stipple with various large flowers around the stars. 

The small orange border is feathers while the outside striped border is a large stipple. 

The corners are flowers.

The back is pieced with all orange and yellow polka-dot fabrics - I do love orange!
This photo is a little washed out.
This quilt is 48" by 48" and I used Aurifil thread and Dream Cotton batting.

I have also finished a couple more Chemo Hats. These are both made from Bamboo Pop, a bamboo and cotton yarn.

Both of these are very soft and lightweight.
Today Ray and I spent a number of hours making pies for our church. Twice a year, our team takes orders and then makes pies with the proceeds going to our mission team. It was the perfect day, after all, today is  3-14, pi day!

1 comment:

  1. Two great finishes, and love that sherbet color back for the star quilt.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...