Thursday, November 6, 2014

A couple of sweaters done!

I've been knitting but I haven't been showing anything I've done! So today, we took photos and I will share.

First is my Garter Stitch Hoodie. It is made from Rauma Finullgarn which is 100% wool from Norway. The color is Wheat Heather.
Guess I wasn't into smiling today!
This sweater is knit from top to bottom or sideways which was new to me. Then after it was finished and sewn together, it had to be felted (shrunk) a little bit. That was scary but it worked great!
I finished the sweater in mid-September and have worn it a number of times.

Next is my In Between The Rain sweater which is perfect to wear anytime! It is made from Kraemer Yarns Tatamy DK and is acrylic and cotton. The first picture is pretty close to the correct color. The spots must be from the flash of the camera - there are no spots on the sweater!
Hmmm, still not smiling!
The neck and the detail on the yoke are done in reverse garter stitch. The yoke detail and the fake side seams were not part of the pattern but I had seen them on someone's photo and decided I could do the same. It worked great!
Close up of yoke detail.
I just blocked this sweater and plan to wear it soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just love your Garter Stitch Hoodie! It looks like it will really keep the chill off you! I never have learned to knit but did learn to crochet. You do lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...