Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A couple of small runners


I went to Lucky 2B Quilting for the Christmas in July camp a couple of weeks ago. After seeing all of the suggestions/inspiration, I decided to make a couple of small table runners. 

As I was looking at fabric, I came across the Joy Batiks of Laundry Basket Quilts by Moda. I love batiks. I began with the layer cake and eventually bought the jelly roll too. I love batiks!

I decided to use the disappearing pinwheel block for one runner 


and the disappearing hourglass block for the other. 


Have you seen the Missouri Star youtube videos for these two blocks? 

Disappearing Pinwheel Block

Disappearing Hourglass Block

Both runners are quilted with Paisley. Considering it is my favorite quilting motif, who would have guessed?!

I bought one of the batiks that matched a piece in the layer cake and the jelly roll for the backing. I love batiks!




Since I want to use the runners more than just at Christmas, I decided on red and tan, leaving the green for another time. Always nice to have something to add to the stash! And I love batiks!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Jeanne, have you ever tried using batiks in your quilts? ;-)

    Both runners are fabulous! I love two color quilts, and I especially like both of these! Perfect for Christmas ... And all year long! Fabulous choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your runner are just adorable! I'll need to watch the Missouri Star youtube videos for these two blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I've seen the videos but haven't made them yet - love all of her videos. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...