Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A relaxing weekend

This past weekend, I was at a retreat with a group of great friends. We were at the Lutheran Outdoor Ministries Center near Oregon,  Illinois. It's been a while since I've quilted with many of these ladies. Actually all nine of us have never had a retreat together!

This Center is so nice and the staff members are fantastic.

Our retreat was supposed to start late Friday afternoon but we were able to get in much earlier so most of us had the whole day to sew! 

This is the room we sewed in:

We ate our meals in the same area - just 'around the corner'.

My sewing area was in a corner by some windows. I took this photo on Sunday and it was raining.

In the evening, when I went to my room just a short walk, I spent a little time in this corner.

It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I'll post some of the projects tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I may have told you already that my sister lived in Oregon for several years ... I always enjoyed visiting her there.

    Sounds like you had a nice spot for your retreat. Glad it refreshed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've been doing some great relaxing! Looks like a lovely place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you this past weekend. Glad you had some fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...