Monday, June 11, 2012

Is the middle of June really this week?

It is almost the middle of June - where does the time go? It's been a while since I've posted - my FIL passed away a week ago and his funeral was Saturday. He lost a painful battle with bone cancer. It's been a very sad and busy time here. 

I haven't done much quilting but I attempted Sew Cal Gal's  2012 Free-Motion Quilting Challenge for June with Cindy Needham. We quilted a curly line and then filled the spaces with quilting. It was fun and interesting to try.
I am enjoying the FMQ Challenge and look forward to spending more time with this technique in the coming weeks when I have a little more time.

The Free Motion Quilt Along with Leah Day took a hiatus in May. Although I didn't get to do much quilting, I did try to practice my FMQ every few days. The Quilt Along just started up again and this week we are doing Circuit Board. I began at the top with some basic shapes and attempted to put together a random arrangement at the bottom.
I have learned so much from Leah Day. I really am enjoying Free Motion Quilting!


Coming up this week: our 42nd anniversary, a visit to the pedorthotist, a play that we rescheduled, and a wedding. Life just doesn't slow down...

4 comments:

  1. Jeanne, Good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear of your recent life events. My sympathies to you and Raymond. Sounds like you will be continuing at 'warp speed' for a while...that's the one thing I have really learned about retirement....the schedule is blazing!! I haven't done anything with either of the FMQ challenges in a while. Am still on the 'micro- stippling thing'!! The MN state quilt show is beginning this Thursday in Rochester so road trip on Friday morning! Take care...hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your FIL's passing. Sounds like you're going to be very busy this coming week. Hope you get some time with needle and thread this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Great job on your FMQ June challenge! You just reminded me I still have to do mine! June is surely flying by. Even so with all the business, I'm glad to get back to the Quilt Along Wednesdays:) I love linking up with all my FMQ buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life sometimes seems out of control. Don't you just love it when you can sit behind and machine and enjoy being in that moment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...